SBC Week 10 Reflection

Hi, it’s HmsDavid here again on the last post of this years SBC Challenge year. So here today I will be answering questions and reflect on them.

• How many weeks of the challenge did you participate in? I participated in all the weeks of SBC this year.
  • How many posts did you write in the ten week period? I wrote about 8 posts including this one week 10.
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers, or other visitors? I received 0 comments from classmates on my blog for this years SBC but I commented on many blogs.
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? The post I enjoyed writing the most was the one where it was about celebrations. And I chose that one because I like talking about family and holidays.
  • Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog? The web tools I used to show creativity in my blog were avatar websites for my profile, and not much that’s it.
  • What are your plans for your blog now? Will you keep posting? My plans are to keep posting about my life and exciting events but I won’t post as much because I have other work to do.

Audit Questions:

1. What were your first impressions of this blog?  There was not much detail in any of the answers. It was difficult to grasp any sense of attachment or personality in them because of that.
  2. What captured your attention?  The fact that HMSDavid is interested in sharing more about his life by blogging. It would be interesting to see how much detail he could include if he were to approach writing as he does speaking in everyday life.
  3. What distracted you on the blog?  The sentence structure. Some of the sentences just seemed to include several thoughts, with very few breaks or pauses in between. Written sentences should sound no different than normal speech. It might help to read them aloud before deciding that they are good enough.
  4. What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?  A blog should be about you. It is not usually something that involves questions being asked by anyone other than yourself. This is an assignment, of course, but it can still contain more personalization. A blog is something you are putting out there for the whole internet to see, so be careful, but also don’t be afraid to share your interests and points of view. That is what makes a blog worth reading and keeps readers coming back to hear more.