April Posts March Madness Basketball Talk

Hi, it’s HmsDavid here again with another post and on this post, I will be talking about upsets,and basically things that have happened in the NCAA March Madness tournament. Enjoy!

So, March Madness as you have probably heard of is the annual tournament where the best basketball teams from each indivisual league play. In the beginning there are a total of 64 teams and they eliminate teams as they progress in the tournament. There are also 6 rounds in the tournament. Round one, round 2, and there is a sweet 16 for the 16 teams left, and an elite 8, final 4 and the championships. And that is the introduction now we will get into what happened in all In the actual tournament, mostly what I watched and hoped for in the tournament.

See the source image

So, in my family we which is my mom, and I cheer for a team but my uncle is not really interested in sports so he doesn’t watch. My mom cheers for Gonzaga which was the NO.1 seed because of the Japanese player on the team named Hachimura. Sadly Gonzaga lost to Texas Tech which they won 75-69. So then she didn’t have a team she was really cheering for.

See the source image

I cheered for UC Irvine because it was their first appearance in the March Madness tournament and they come from the same division as Hawaii. I think this was their best season with a finishing record of 31-6. In the round of 32 they had lost to Oregon 73-54. Now since my moms team and my team didn’t make it we just cheered for the Underdog Texas Tech in the finals against Virginia. But I guess Virginia was the best team and with more playoff experience they won against Texas Tech 85-77. Well thankyou for reading this post, I hope you guys enjoyed it and I will see you next time byeee!