March Posts Pumpkin’s Vet Operation

Hi, it’s HmsDavid and on this post, I will be writing about my cat’s mouth operation.

So first off I want to give you guys a little bit of information on how my cat Pumpkin got to this point to where he had to get a long operation on his mouth. About since my cat was 2 years old when my parents and I took him in for a yearly checkup at The Cat Clinic and they noticed that he was missing some adult teeth and after doing some tests they said he had something called Gingivitis. Gingivitis is a common periodontal disease sign of it are usually red and puffy gums. So now back to the story, so over the course of 2 years, it had gotten worse and they said they would have to do an expensive operation to help him feel better and not cause him to lose all his teeth and get further health issues.

Image result for gingivitis
https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=gingivitis&tbs=sur:fmc#imgrc=0jP2-1CzBFpxIM:

Deciding on this operation was a hard decision because one it was $1,600 and two he was going to be under Anesthesia so there is a slight chance he could not wake up from it and die while under. After a while, we made the decision to go ahead with it and in about a month from then it was the day of the operation. That morning of the operation when I was going to school we put him in the carrier and I just said my goodbyes and wished him luck, and that whole day all I thought about was if he was going to be okay. In the afternoon when school was over my mom picked me up and there he was all loopy in the front seat I was so happy to see him.

Image result for the cat clinic

I remember him looking at me in the front seat and although he was very tired after a stressful day I was happy and he was happy it was all over. So currently right now he is doing excellent at home except that our other cat Cinnamon is not very happy with him and on occasion, she will attack him but not really bad though. And he used to be on some pain medications for the first few days but now only for about a week or so more he is on antibiotics to prevent any infections and he should be fine from there. Well, thanks for reading my post I will eventually write another post about Pumpkin and his further progress see you next time bye.